Saturday, January 31, 2009

Writers Journey

I sent some Reds cards to The Writers Journey and he sent me Red Sox in return. One of the cards he sent me was this cool oddball Sunco team card. The only problem is I don't know what it is. Is it a subset of somehting, a set put out by Sunco, or what. No matter what it is I like it; the late 70s outfield was so awesome. I'm not posting anywhere near all of hte cards he sent. Just the cool Sunco and this Youkilis card that I needed for my Topps team set.


Thanks again Jason.

1 comment:

night owl said...

It is a set put out by Sunoco. They came in packs of 3 at Sunoco stations (I picked one up at a station in Buffalo -- it had that Red Sox card, a Phillies card of Robin Roberts and Richie Ashburn, and a Pirates card of Clemente and Stargell).

Very cool to buy cards at gas stations. Wish they'd do it again.