Thursday, January 29, 2009

What do you call a group of Turkeys?

Weather has gripped the Midwest and cancelled soccer games. I know people in the north can’t figure out why a measly 6 inches has all of southern Missouri shut down, it sounds like so little compared to places getting 20+ inches. What we got wasn’t snow however. See, first we got a base coating of almost an inch of freezing rain, then 4 inches of sleet, and finally an inch of snow. There are so many trees down my neighborhood looks like a winter tornado came through. I’m pretty sure at some point in the last day every home in the city was without power for a little bit. I am one of those crazy people that like to drive in the snow, so I drove around town looking at all of the broken trees houses with no lights on.

Since I am pretty sure nobody is here for a tale of winter, on to some cards. I received these from Kerry at Cards on Cards. I am really late getting his cards to him but they are going in the mail today.

First are some Masterpieces. I love these cards. I hope Upper Deck find some way to bring them back, even if they have to be a subset of something else.

David Ortiz - Looks Like a home run swing to me.



Babe Ruth - Before the curse.


Dice-K - What a horrible pose. Someone shot the artist.
What is a group or Turkeys called? answer (nobody be a smart @$$ and say Red Sox either)
These are the first Turkey Red Red Sox I have owned. He sent me almost the entire team set. Only short one card, Hideki Okajima, which is now on the way thanks to a purchase from SportsLot.


Curt Schilling - Still contemplating a mid season comeback.


Dice-K - The wind-up and...



Josh Beckett - The number 2 pitcher on the staff. At least he should be. Francona tends to like veterans so I bet he gets the opening start nod rather than Lester.



Manny Ramirez - if the "Sultan or Swat" wasn't already taken...



David Ortiz - Is the Dominican flag red, white, and blue?
Thank You for the Rafters Kerry.

1 comment:

madding said...

Glad you liked the cards. I've been so busy lately that I forgot that I sent them.