Wednesday, January 28, 2009

12 Days

It has been awhile. You know what they say about excuses and how everybody has one? Well here is mine... I have been really busy. See I am the president of our local soccer association, which has almost 300 kids in it. The president doesn't necessarily have to be there every night but I have a few other duties as well; I am the field commissioner and the most senior referee. January and February are indoor soccer season that means 4 games every night throughout the week and no life for me, other than soccer, right now. My schedule is basically get off work at 4:00-4:30, stop home and eat, say hi/bye to the wife and kids, then report to the civic center at 5:20. Last game starts at 9:30, which puts me home at around 11:00 after running all of the people out and getting things cleaned up. So when I have had a weekend night off I didn’t feel like spending it in front of the computer.


Now enough with the excuses and on to the cards. I got these from Tribecards in his 12 Days of Christmas giveaway. They came a loooong time ago and I am just now getting them posted. (These are not the only cards I have received that are not posted yet, hopefully more posts to follow). Since there are so many cards I am going to only post my favorite of each player I got and why they are my favorite. Here goes…
In the 12th day of Christmas Tribecards gave to me…

12 Ellis Burks – No it isn’t miss-cut I cut him off with the scanner because I scanned a mini first. This card just looks old school to me. Ellis was way under appreciated as a Sox. I am so glad he was there for a farewell tour in 04 so he could get that ring…


11 Roger Clemens – It is a mini, enough said. I wonder if this card ever got used? I would try it but it long ago…


10 Mo Vaughn - While I don’t remember Mo for his fielding abilities it is a shiny card and I like shiny…


9 Mike Greenwell –The Gator making a leaping grab with dirt flying at Fenway. What more could you want in a card?


8 Marty Barrett – I don’t know why because this was the kind of set that I used to hate but I love these 01 Archives. I may try to get the whole set. I am watching a partial set of them on ebay right now so please nobody else bid…


7 Jeff Suppan – It is shiny and remember what I said about shiny…


6 Scott Cooper – I like sets that put the year right on the card. It is a pain sorting a bunch of cards and trying to figure out what year they are by the tiny little copyright date in the corner, which is wrong half of the time because it was printed one year and the set was actually a different year. Man I hate that. The best thing that Upper Deck ever did was start putting the actual year and set on the back of each card.


5 Tony Pena - He has his catching outfit on that is why I like it. He could catch but not hit. Sounds like another Sox catcher. Is he going to take that offer or not?

4 Turn back Yaz – Every Yastrzemski card is a good one. This one is even better because I didn’t have it for my ‘77 team set.


3 Man-Ram – Look at the concentration. Concentration and balance is where Manny’s hitting ability. Watching Manny for so many years on TV I could tell when he was going to get hot, by his balance at the plate…


2 Kevin Youkilis – Heck YEA, mini Youkilis. This is my favorite card of them all. I didn’t even know Fleer had a mini card subset ever. One more thing to chase…


1 eTopps Nomar – This is my first eTopps card. It is shiny and has a dual picture on the front. I like it.


There was also a little something extra thrown in the package.
A pin of the newest HOFer.



Thank You Tribecards. I really appreciated it. I know this had to be a huge undertaking for you. I hope you liked the cards I sent you as much as I like these.

No comments: