Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thorzulized and a new goal

I recently received a trade package from Thorzul that I am not going to post because he has an aversion to it.  Instead you guys/gals get a picture less post.  (blame him not me)  I was kind of nervous opening the package because the last one I sent him wasn't filled with only stuff he wanted.  But in the end I got a couple great Sox cards that once again I am not going to post.

Now they say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery.  That being said I'm going to do a little experiment of my own.  I'm done buying 08 stuff.  No more at all. Not wax, bargain blasters, singles; nothing.  (ok I am buying some documentary for team trading purposes see my last post but that is it)  I'm going to see just how many of the 08 team sets I can finish with just trades.  Now I know I won't ever get them all but to be honest even if I bought a ton of singles I wouldn't get them all.  I know there are a whole bunch of them out there that shouldn't be to hard too come by though.  Here are some examples from my wantlist:

2008 Bowman

221 Clay Buchholz

2008 Bowman Chrome

5 Daisuke Matsuzaka
85 Curt Schilling

2008 Cosigners

1 Jacoby Ellsbury
97 Clay Buchholz

2008 Goudey

303 Wade Boggs

2008 Topps Chrome

235 Clay Buchholz

2008 Upper Deck Heroes Charcoal (No#)

28 Daisuke Matsuzaka
177 Yastrzemski/Fisk

2008 Upper Deck Piece of History

16 Dustin Pedroia
106 Clay Buchholtz

2008 Upper Deck Spectrum

14 Manny Ramirez
15 Jonathan Papelbon

That is just a tiny portion of my 08 wantlist but these ones are totally doable.  Heck with a little luck I could have those ones finished off by opening day.  Shoot, I am going to shoot for finishing these by opening day.  After that I'll focus on one or two more a month and hopefully fill my 08 binder to its capacity.  So please take a look and see what you have that I may need.
 
Oh, and thanks once again Thorzul, the 08 Gold Topps cards and the X-Fractor rocked.

3 comments:

RedSoxCollector said...

Speaking of new goals, I recently made a late resolution. Now that the 2010's are out I have resolved NOT to actively pursue them, but to work on my 1909 - 2009 Sox collection. No buying 2010's, and not even actively seeking them in trade, though I will take them if the trader has nothing else to offer. We'll see how long I can stick to it. (Already been tempted...)

AdamE said...

Gordon This is good news to me. Maybe after I start getting 2010 doubles I will actually be able to find somehting to send you that you don't already have.

jackplumstead said...

Hey Adam,
Hope the wants list is up to date! I have a stack of Red Sox to send your way.