Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'll take some cards with my rhubarbs

I received an e-mail telling me to expect a few cards in the mail from “e rayhahn, rayhahn” aka Rhubarb Runner but I didn’t at all expect what I got. This is the first card that I saw when I opened the package.




This is a 92 Tuff Stuff Evander Holyfield. I didn’t even know this card existed nor did I realize that Tuff Stuff put out cards. He is pictured here during his fiht with Big George Foreman.  I’m glad I got it but now I have to figure out what other cards they made so I can add them to my Red Sox checklist.

He also included some 1970 and 1971 cards.




I am actually really close to the complete 1970 set now.




1971 isn’t far behind as far as team set completion goes. I bet if I focused on it I could get it done fairly easily because I have noticed a few bloggers working on the set and I am sure they have to have some doubles.

Thanks for the great cards David. You should see some Twins pretty soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Tuff Stuff cards were a grab-bag of different sport stars all cut out from a page-size insert in the magazine.

I frankly didn't even think I had any boxing cards, but when I saw it, I thought of my fellow Show Me Stater. Glad you enjoy it, and the others.