Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Marking A Checklist Off The Checklist

In January I posted about some Virdon cards I didn't know existed.  I didn't know Topps had mail in team cards from 1975 to 1981.  Well I chipped another one off the list. 


I didn't really want a graded card but except for an uncut sheet it is all I have been able to find.  I almost just bought the sheet but the graded card was cheaper that the uncut sheet.



Now I am down to only needing the 1976 Mail In.  All of the other ones had multiples for me to choose from on eBay but not the 76.  There is none on eBay, COMC, Sportlots, or Beckett Marketplace.  So I patiently wait.  One day it will show up somewhere and when it does...








2 comments:

Fuji said...

Very cool. Looks like Topps gave them the Traded Set card stock. Are there any other differences between these and the regular base set team cards?

AdamE said...

The biggest difference is that they came in sheet form with the whole team on one sheet. Not only is the color of the back lighter but the mail in ones are way flimsier. They are also a bit more glossy on the front.