Sunday, April 8, 2012

D-Backs Opening Day

No Sox in the desert so that means this Red Sox fan must get his live baseball fix by watching the hometown Diamondbacks.  Here is some Thoughts on the game...


  • It is a great feeling standing with your kids listening to the Star Spangled Banner on opening day.  Goosebumps were in full effect.
  • How the heck do they time it so that the jets fly over the park at the exact right moment during the song?  It isn't like they practice it all the time the roof is only open like 10 games a year.
  • Tim L looked horrible!!  
  • I got in a concession line with the most hateful lady at the ballpark taking the cash.  She was bitchy to the wrong guys kids though cause I got a friend that works at the park as a supervisor of ushers and I read her name tag...
  • Pablo Sandoval runs pretty fast for a fat guy.
  • The best hot dogs are hot dogs at the park.
  • This D-Backs team is damn good.  Pitching, hitting, fielding, and managing they have it all!!  I'm picking over 90 wins for them.  Maybe 95+
  • Man, I wish the Sox would come to town...

3 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

gotta love a day out with the fam at the ballpark.

Daniel Wilson said...

Wish I could have been there, but I did watch it in tv. It was a great game!

night owl said...

Saw the game on TV. I don't root for the D'bags much but I do when they play the Giants and the way this one went down was so enjoyable.