Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Interrupt Dan's Trade Posts With...A Question

I used to throw questions out to bloggers because I didn't have a Standard Catalog.  Well, now I do have one and I am stumped anyway.  

Awhile back I posted a 1983 MLB TV Slide that I picked up of Bill Virdon.  I didn't know much about the set then and I still don't now.   The same guy listed a couple more and I bought them, even though I don't know exactly what they are.  I flipped through my Standard catalog and can't come up with anything.  So if you have any idea what they may actually be please let me know.  

 Here is the 1980 MLB TV Slide.  The scan came out a little but more red than it actually is. 
This is the 1981 MLB TV Slide Virdon.  The scan looks like crap  but the actual slide looks great.  Don't know why one scans better than the other. 

2 comments:

Rod (Padrographs) said...

I dont think they are actually any kind of set. They were usually produced back in the day for local TV stations to use when doing team reports. They would be the picture over the anchors shoulder while they talked about a player or team.

AdamE said...

Well that is pretty cool. That probably makes them more short printed than any cards from the 80s.