Monday, November 18, 2019

Now That Is Customer Service!!!!

I know my postman by first name.  In this day and age I don't think this is a common thing anymore.  It feels like something that old timers would talk about; "back in my day your postman knew you by name."  Well my postman's name is Tom and he comes by the office every day to drop of the mail and say hi.  We have a mailbox outside but he brings it inside every day instead of putting it in the outside box.  It started because of my ball card packages.  They were too big to fit in the tiny box the post office supplies so he would bring them in.  Pretty soon he started bringing in the mail every day even when I didn't get a package.  Every day he'd say hi we would offer him a drink of water.  Maybe he was just doing to get out of the Arizona heat to for a few seconds of air conditioning but even so it felt above and beyond. 

Well Tom had a health problem and had to take a few weeks off of work. No Tom meant a having a smorgasbord of postpeople dropping off my mail.  Wouldn't you know it while Tom was off I bought something off of eBay that never showed up.  The tracking showed it as delivered but I never got it.  When I saw the post person come the next day I showed them the tracking and she just shrugged and said to take it to the main post office in the area and they would look into it.  I was going to but I never actually got around to it.  Around a week went by and Tom was back from his leave.  He came in the office and greeted us all and exchanged pleasantries.  We all said how nice it was that he was back and well again.  In the process of telling him how much better he was than all of the guys/gals that they sent in his place I told him about my missing package.

The NEXT DAY he brought my missing package to me.  It seems we are not the only place he actually stops and drops the mail at.  He delivers all business mail in person so at each stop he asked if they anyone had received a package that wasn't theirs while he was out.  In less than 24 hours he found my package that was missing for a week.  All because he goes above and beyond delivering the mail.  Thanks Tom!!


Above is the contents of the missing package.  It is a Pirates Team Issue from when Bill Virdon was Jim Leyland's Bench Coach in 1986.  This is actually the only copy of this I have ever seen anywhere.  Not only have I never seen it listed on eBay before I have never even seen the image before.  

2 comments:

Fuji said...

I'm jealous that you have a mail carrier who actually cares about the people he delivers mail to. You should recommend Tom for Postman of the Year... if there is such a thing. When I was a kid, my mom and I always got to know the mail carriers. These days, my mailman and I just exchange a friendly hello.

Daniel Wilson said...

That's awesome!I agree with Fuji. Tom should get Postman of the Year.