Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cards for Bobbleheads (found in my draft folder from July)

My kids collect D-Back bobbleheads so I take them to bobblehead games.  This means I get one too.  I traded my Kirk Gibson bobblehead to Dodgerbobble for some cards.


I was excited to get these 90 Bowman cards.  Yes 90 Bowman is one of the ugliest sets of all time but I was happy cause these two cards finished off the team set for me.  I am always incredibly excited to knock off a team set.

This isn't your run-of-the-mill Finest card.  This is actually a refractor.  I love shiny even though my scanner doesn't.


Speaking of shiny and Finest here are some X/Atomic/Whateever they call them Refractors.  This isn't something that I would normally seek out but I like getting them in packages just the same.  Ironically I received these about the same time Jacoby and Crawford returned from the DL.


I'm not sure exactly what is going on in the Archives In Action Jacoby card.  He is sliding into home but is the ball already in the catchers glove?  Why is the catchers mask all askew?  Was he safe or out?


This card is cooler than the scan.  I had the scanner set to 2.5x3.5 but this card was a little smaller than that so it got scanner garbage all around it.  It is a realy nice card out of the Archices set.  I really like all the inserts out of Archives and I am going to chase all the Red Sox.  These two made a good dent in my list.



Thanks for the cards Joshua!!

No comments: