Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Floodgates Have Opened.

So one day I get this email from a guy named Kevin asking if I want some Nomar cards.   I was thnking to myself, "Hell yes I want some Nomar cards", but I replied, "sure sounds good."  I didn't realize however how good it was.  I expected 5 or 6 cards because nobody ever parts with Nomar cards, so I was stunned when I got the package.  


You're probably looking at these thinking to yourself. "What is the big deal, I have that card." See that is the big deal.  You have that card but do not part with it.  Nobody parts with Nomar cards.  


I couldn't tell you how many times I got cards in the mail where I got the entire team set minus Nomar.  These filled some nice holes in my collection.


I'm hoping that this is the start of a flood of Nomars.  That everyone decides that he has been retired for so long they want to make room for the Harpers and Strausburgs by sending off their Nomars.  If so ship them here. 

Thanks for a great package Kevin.

4 comments:

Jeff Laws said...

I just received cards from a Kevin who e-mailed me as well. It was a pretty good lot of cards as well. I was pleasantly surprised. I'll assume it was the same guy.

Anonymous said...

I never got any email from Kevin.

RedSoxCollector said...

Kevin Martens??

AdamE said...

Martens is close. Mattson.