Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Trade with White Sox Cards

I recently completed my second trade with White Sox Cards. I never did get around to posting about the first trade. Mostly because there wasn't a Red Sox card in the bunch because he really traded with my son who is a White Sox fan like himself. I really should have posted it but my son had already sorted the cards into his collection by the time I got around to it. This time however I did some trading of my own with him. He sent me 100 Red Sox cards for 100 White Sox cards and then threw in about 50 White Sox cards in for my son to boot. Now I'm not posting the White Sox cards because they just became Christmas presents so if you really want to see some White Sox cards go here. The best thing about this trade is out of the 100 Red Sox cards I needed every single one of them. Man I love those kind of packages.

My package was filled with a bunch of my favorite players from times past and one Ortiz. That is a very artistic Boggs which is surprising from such an early set. I love the purple Burks. I have considered being a Burks player collector but haven't because I know I'll end up with a bunch of him in a White Sox jersey. This Bowmans Best is one good looking card. Bowmans Best is defiantly something Topps should bring back.



I know it is kind of hard to believe I need so many cards from the late 80s. These at least are not your commen cards. A John McNamara 1987 All-Star Card. After receiving this I decided that the All Star cards and Glossy Send in cards need to go in my album with the team set. (my Red Sox monster box is full and I have to either have 2 Red Sox monster boxes or get more in albums) Sportflicks is my favorite set from the 80s and Dewy is one of the best from the 80s. That Armas is an oddball card and I love oddball stuff. It is a Boardwalk and Baseball, a set I never even heard of.



I got a small hand full of O-Pee-Chee in the package which is great because I don't really have any. When I say any I mean ANY. The 2008 O-Pee-Chee were the only ones I had in my collection until these and they don't count. At least to me they don't count. I like them but when I think of O-Pee-Chee I think Topps French. Kind of hard to believe that I can have more than a monster box of Red Sox with none of them being doubles and not one being and O-Pee-Chee card.

Thanks again for the great Red Sox cards. As always I'll be saving White Sox cards for you. Well the doubles anyway.

1 comment:

Steve Gierman said...

I'm glad I could help out you and your son. I'm still amazed at some of the holes I have in my collection from the overproduction period of the late eighties.