Friday, May 20, 2011

Gold In The Streets

I received a golden package from Eutaw Street Cards.  When I say golden I mean it was full of gold.  Not the metal gold, cardboard gold.  

 

Feast your eyes on some of the gold Ultra cards I got in the mail.  I liked that once they started you could always count on Ultra to have gold cards.  Sometimes they threw in some other parallels but they still had gold every year.  The simple fact it was called gold let you know it was special.


I don't know why I scan cards 3 wide knowing they don't fit on the blog correctly, but I do it all the time.  So enjoy 2 and a half 96 Ultra Gold cards. This is my favorite year of Ultra Gold Cards.  It is the most dramatic change of all of them.  A total 180 from 95 where it was a little tiny gold circle.  (which happens to be my least favorite set of Ultra Gold)


 Here is another sample of gold Ultra cards. Carl so wants to make sure you know he is a special gold card that he is spelling it out for you.


This is an example of a Die Cut Gold card.  Not sure why some are die cut this year and some are not.


I didn't only get gold cards I got some international cards too.  This is a 99 Bowman International.  Rather than putting a map in the background like prior years (and 2011) Topps stuck a picture in the background instead.  Guy from the sticks got pictures of mountains or a cornfield and city guys got a downtown skyline.  Guys from Florida or California got beaches.  The cards look a million times better than my scan does. 

Thanks for the great cards!!

1 comment: