Tuesday, May 26, 2009
"An opeaned pack will always get you cards of the team you want the least."
That being said I always pulled more Yankee cards than anything else. Far and away more than anything else. Then Upper Deck had to go and make the problem worse by adding YSL cards in thier packs. I have now been fortunate enough though to find some takers for Yankee cards, thus eliminating the problem of pulling Yankee cards. I can now turn those Yankees into Red Sox. So what happens now? Now I always pull Diamondbacks. So if anyone out there likes Diamondbacks and would like to work aout a trade please let this poor sod* know.
*Sod's Law in a precurser to Murphay's Law that states "anything that can go wrong will happen to any poor sod who needs such a castistropic event the least.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Does anyone else live in enemy territory and have to put up with this stuff?
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
On another note my Red Sox checklist that I had worked so hard for weeks to complete got deleted by my wife. Does anyone know if I have a file on a zip drive and it gets deleted off is there any way to recover it, it didn't go to my deleted items? Fortunately I had saved a backup on 5-3 so I didn't loose much. Plus most of it was on blogger also. I would like to have what I did loose back though.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
This is the last card I need to finish my all of the insert sets for 1996 Ringside. (except for the autos; I don't have all of the autos. I would love to pick up a few more of those also if someone out there has some to get rid of.) I'll give either a complete set of 1996 Ringside with the RC insert and Flashback Insert subsets for this one card. Or I will trade any of my Gold doubles for it. Heck if you want baseball/basketball/football for it just let me know.
1996 Dan Marino Game Used Jersey Card
This is one of my most lusted over card of all time. I just haven't been able to part with the money to buy it when there are hundreds of other game used on e-bay for so much cheeper. If you have one you are willing to trade let me know because I would love to have it.
So check out my newly updated sidebar for my Top 10 Want List (soon to be Top 10).
Monday, May 18, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
First up is Jeff Bailey. Lucky for Jeff Kotsay is on an extended DL stint or he would have never got this chance to play first. and Jeff has done a pretty good job stepping in for Youkilis for the last week. While he hasn't' matched Kevin's .400 BA, and we really can't expect Youk to keep that up the whole year anyway. I doubt Kotsay could have played any better than Jeff has.
For the last 2 years every time Wakefield pitched you had to wonder how the catcher would handle it. George has done great so far. I would put his ability to catch a knuckleball right up with good old Maribelli. So far he has made the hardest job in baseball look routine.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Online trading isn't new to me, I did it over 10 years ago on the Old Tuff Stuff site. Somewhere in Baltimore there is some poor soul that took about 4000 Eric Rhett cards from me over a few years. I would buy .$99 100 cards lots of him on E-Bay and trade them to him for all kinds of Dan Marino inserts. Finally he either he figured out that Eric Rhett sucked or figured out he could get them off of E-bey. OK, back on topic. I saw that all these bloggers were doing online trade right on their blogs. So I contacted the Junkie and worked out my first online trade in years. I was so happy I contacted Dave and instigated a trade. Finally after about 2 dozen trades I had instigated I though you know this would be a lot easier if I just started my own blog and let the trades come to me. So I did and trades have come.
So far I have only made trades for Red Sox cards because that is all I have advertised but one of these days i am going to work out a Marino trade. I have neglected that player collection for a long time now. I have actually thought about starting a Marino-A-Day blog but I don't have the energy to do it right now. One of these day.
So there is my long drawn out story to say I blog to trade.
Sorry no pics today. Goose Joak cards up tomorrow though.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
2. I have Beckett on 3 different fantasy teams and he is sitting tonight's game out on 2 of them. With the start he has had I don't trust him in New Yankee Stadium/Coors West/Home run Park. (he is only pitching in one league because I need the innings worse than the ERA points he will lose me.
3. I have been creating a list of all of the base Red Sox cards. I always knew there were tons of sets out there through the late 90s early 00s but never knew just how many till now. I am so happy that MLB only gives it's license to Topps and Upper Deck now. It has weeded out a ton of sets.
4. Ortiz needs benched. Just think how many RBI Youkilis would have by now if he didn't have the .222 hitting Ortiz right in front of him. Heck teams are even walking batters to get to Ortiz. Hf he doesn't' get a homer to Home Run alley tonight i doubt he gets one all year.
5. I must be the odd man out because I like the look of 09 Goudey. So maybe some of the pictures are horribly drawn, it still has that vintage feel to it. Only way it could be better is if the cards were original mini size.
6. Varitek may be the captain but it is Youkilis team. He has stepped up as a leader and the team gets it's winning attitude from Youkilis' grit. Youkilis for MVP!!!
7. Jeter so should have got tossed last night instead of Giriardi. No other player in baseball could have argued that long with the ump before getting tossed.
8. Teixeira is batting .195, Enough Said.9. It may be time to start worrying about Papelbon. He has to quit letting so many guys on base.
10. David Wells didn't do so bad announcing the other night. I think he likes to hear himself talk a little too much but he is better than Joe Morgan. I know not much of a compliment (my 10 year old could do better than Joe Morgan) but it is a start. I think he has he right personality for color.
11. Man I love beating the Yankees.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
I have never started trying to put this team set together because of the black borders. I never have seen even one without chipping until I received this card.
Perfect centering, perfect color, perfect corners I would say this card has to be a 10. But alas we shall never know.
Someone else also posted a Jim Lonborg card the other day. I think it was Night Owl but I am too lazy to go through all of his posts to see if it really was him.
Does anyone have any idea why Topps went with two different color borders with these cards? But once again a perfectly mint card that is over 40 years old.
7, 17, 22, 26, 28, 52, 54, 64, 86, 107, 109, 129, 140, 148, 165, 169, 187, 223, 231, 235, 254, 264, 283, 297, 298, 304, 320, 330, 340, 353, 355, 361, 369, 393, 394, 399, 419, 420,
BF1 Mickey Mantle
BF4 Paul Richards
C26 Vladimir Guerrero 014/560
Editors Note: Wow, these are going fast. I may have to go buy some more just to trade them off.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Red Sox doubled with each other. Maybe not so recently since I am so far behind posting; so in this case recently means in the last two months.
As crazy as it sounds after he shipped the cards I got them three days later, in Missouri, all the way from England. To me that is absolutely freaking amazing because it takes 4 or 5 days for a letter to get from me to my parents in Arizona. But enough about the post office onto some cards.
For some reason I didn't have hardly any of this year cards until recently.
I have seen pictures of the 09 version but I haven't been able to tell if they are regular sized or mini cards like these 07s are. I hope they are mini like this one.
When you think 80's cards Oil Can always comes to my mind. And to think this guy is laboring in the minors right now trying to get called back up to the majors. Good Luck Oil Can.