Monday, January 25, 2010

Fantasy Baseball Approaching Anyone Need A League?

Last Year I had three fantasy baseball teams.  I was in Punkrock Paint's Cardblog League, Old School Breaks Major League Beanball III League and a work league.  I haven't heard if either of them are going to have the same league again or not.  If they do I would be happy to be part of their league again.  I do see that A Cardboard Problem already has a waiting list for teams so it must not be to early to start getting people together. 

That being said I'm willing to host a league of my own. My league will be Yahoo with Head-to-Head scoring.  I do plan on using a couple oddball stats though because some of the normal ones tick me off. (wins for one doesn't say enough about a pitcher)  I'm not sure what all stats I will use until I get in there and see what I have to choose from and Yahoo isn't taking leagues yet.  If they are options I am going with Era against for pitchers and OPS for batting.

So if anyone is interested in a fantasy league please let me know.

Also I am going to be in a new keeper league starting up.  It has head-to-head AL, NL, and Minor League scoring all separately with two amateure drafts per year.  It is $150 ($50 each league yearly) with the money being split between the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place team in each league, minus the league fee (rotowire).  The initial draft is live.  Not live as in go online and take your turn; live as in show up at designated place and draft you team or call in on speakerphone.  One guy we have lined up to play is kind of iffy on the whole thing, so we may have an open team.  If someone is interested in this team let me know and if the iffy guy drops out I'll put you in his place.

Itching for baseball!!!

7 comments:

dayf said...

Hrm. I probably could join one free fantasy league this year. Heavy emphasis on the free.

tastelikedirt said...

I'll get in on that free league with Dayf

beardy said...

Sure, why not.

Play at the Plate said...

I'm in for "free fun" if you have a spot.

RedSoxCollector said...

Adam, I would join in, haven't done one for a couple years. I always end up in the cellar, so I'll be easy pickin' for you guys!

AdamE said...

This is happening pretty fast. We now only need 3 more names thrown in the hat for a full league.

Anthony K. said...

Here's a hat for this free league.

I love playing fantasy baseball, so I am definitely in.