Thursday, May 2, 2024

The Last On Card Virdon Autos

 I have been spending some time on The Trading Card Database.  There were a lot of Virdon stuff that wasn't scanned and a WHIOLE LOT of stuff that isn't listed at all.  Just the other day I figured out how to add a card that isn't listed.  I have added a half dozen in the last week.  Then there was this card.


This is a 2022 Topps Archive Signatures 1/1 that isn't listed anywhere.  I tried to add it to TCD and they said there is no record of it before they add it.  I got the record right here.



There wasn't just one On Card Virdon auto in 2022 though, there were two.  While this looks like a normal 1980 Topps Virdon auto once you flip it over.


You can see it has a holofiol 2022 retrographs sticker. This is another card that I didn't know existed that randomly showed up on eBay.  I had never even heard of retrographs before.  

Since Virdon passed away I have to assume this is his last of the Topps issued on card autos.  


2 comments:

Fuji said...

That Archives 1 of 1 auto is awesome. I've noticed at least one other company that's been selling autographs (most likely from a TTM/IP collection purchase) with a COA sticker on the back. I've thought about picking up a few, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

AdamE said...

I have got a couple autos from a place called The Autograph Company. They are cut signatures and always come with JSA stamp and paperwork. I probably have 3 or 4 booklets that they have done.