Tuesday, May 28, 2024

2023 TRSTSOCAAT #11 Rafael Devers

 Card number two of the 2023 Red Sox Team Set is Devers.


That headshot sure makes him look young.  He was 26 going into the 2023 season and that headshot sure looks younger that that.  Rafael is pictured at the tail end of a bat flip for what I assume is a home run.  At first glance I thought maybe he was going to high five the first base coach as he ran past but then I noticed the bat.  Also at first glance it looks like that guy is flipping everyone off but I think really he's holding up a #1.  I don't know what everyone is doing over his let shoulder.  The gaggle of arms look like people reaching for a foul ball but if Devers' is bat flipping the ball there is no foul to catch.  If they are holding up a camera, either it isn't aimed at the ball or Devers isn't looking at the ball.  Red shirt guy at the bottom is looking the same direction as Rafael but red shirt guy over his right shoulder is pointing at the Monster so who knows. 

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Another nice looking card for Red Sox fans. My guess is he just launched one over the fence.