Wednesday, May 29, 2024

2023 TRSTSOCAAT #42 Franchy Cordero

Frenchy came to the Red Sox in the Benintendi trade.  He spent two years with the Sox and to be honest I don't remember much about him other than he was pretty darn good for a part time player bouncing back and forth between the majors and AAA.  The thing I remember most about him is his name.  How many MLB players have been named Franchy?  As far as I know just one.  I plugged Franchy into Baseball Reference and he is the only one that came up so unless there is a better way to look it up, he is the only one.  Franchy spent the entire 2023 season with the yankees.  He went unsigned this past offseason and ended up in Japan.  


I did a terrible job cropping this card.  That means I did a terrible job getting it on the scanner straight.  A straight scan usually means a good crop and a  crooked scan equals a bad crop.  


The placement of his legs and that logo make for a bad photo.  It is like he has those stupid giant red boots that celebrity's were wearing a few years ago. 

I haven't really given my thoughts on the 2023 design yet.  It's, fine I guess, nothing great but not bad.  It looks like it has two o those little corner things that hold papers into a scrapbook in the bottom two corners except they are two different sizes witch is off-putting.  The little stars on them is fine the different sizes is what throws it off.  That and the horizontal cards put the corners on one side instead of the bottom.

1 comment:

The Lost Collector said...

He latched on with the Yanks last year and had a great start....but after like 10 games he was horrid and I cringed every time he was in the lineup!