Monday, May 13, 2024

My All Time Favorite Parallel Set

Museum Collection is my all time favorite parallel.  Pinnacle made them from 1995 to 1998.


You can't really tell from the scan but these things really pop!  


The back is exactly the same as the base set with the addition of the Museum Collection logo on it.


 In the 90s I mainly collected football, not baseball cards so that is where I got my introduction to Duffex, though at the time we didn't know that is what it was called.  In football it was called Trophy Collection instead of Museum.  I probably have a few in boxes from old football player collections I haven't looked at in 30 years.  


This isn't a skinny David Ortiz this is the light hitting Dominican Luis Ortiz.  Luis is currently the assistant hitting coach of the Red Sox.  I find it odd that the Red Sox assistant hitting coach only batted .223 with 2 career home runs. 

I keep telling myself that I will chase these down.  These three came from a COMC order and have been in my desk waiting on me to pick up some brothers for about 3 years now.  

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Big fan of Dufex parallels. Anytime I find them in bargain boxes, I'll grab them.