Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Super Duper 1/1 Mojo

 When I first started blogging that is how 1/1 cards were referred as.  With 16 more years worth of 1/1 cards I don't think people attach the Mojo to them anymore.  It is still neat to get them though. 


I know Panini puts out some ugly cards and Cut autos are dumb when the card subject is still alive as Virdon was back in 2012.  But I didn't design it I just chased it.  This is the card that I was scanning for TCB that I noticed I was cutting the tops off of.  I fixed it before I scanned the back but I didn't rescan the front.  


I have six Virdon cards stamped as 1/1 cards.  I think with buybacks I may well have a few more cards that are the only ones in existence but they are not stamped 1/1 so who knows.  What I do know is that I am missing six 1/1 Virdon cards.  Well maybe I'm missing six 1/1 cards.  

I have six listed on my want list but Signa Cuts is real screwy.  Their checklist has a 1/1 card listed in multiple years that I don't actually think there was a 1/1 made.  For example in 2012 Bronx Edition they listed a Virdon in 1/1 and #/25.  I own a two of them #ed/5 and a #/10 and I have never seen a #/25 card.  So I own two cards that they say were not made and I don't own the two cards that were made that year.  If there really was cards numbered to 25 I think I would have seen one of them before I got both the #/5 and the #/10.  2013 Honors Cut Signature is the same way.  I own two that they say were not made and don't have either supposedly were made. 

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Hope you eventually land one of those Signa Cuts Virdon autos numbered to 25. It'd be even cooler if you find the 1/1 too.