Saturday, December 15, 2018

Tickets, Get Your Tickets

As a collector of a long retired player you don't often run into stuff that you haven't seen before.  When you do you run down the rabbit hole in case you might find more.  That happened to me not long ago when I found this ticket stub from 2000.



Fist I found this ticket.  Then I found out that this ticket stub was given out to Pirate Season ticket holders in 2000.  It is actually part of a collage made up of six season tickets. 

(Side note: The Pirates lost this game 7-5 even thought they hit three home runs.)



So once I found out that they put players on season tickets it was off to the rabbit hole for me.  Luckily or unluckily depending on how you look at it. I have only found one other set of season tickets that had Bill Virdon on them.  In 1999 the Astros released special season tickets to commemorate the final year of The Astrodome.



Here he is on a ticket from June 17th 1999 against the Braves.  I think that they used a different player for every single picture.  Virdon isn't too lucky on a ticket stub though because the Astros lost this game 8-5.


1 comment:

Mark Hoyle said...

Those stubs looked great framed up.