Monday, May 3, 2010

Card Show Loot Post 1

This is the first installment of posts about the card show I attended this weekend.   I'm not sure how many I am going to write but it will be at least 3 probably more. 

When I go there I didn't even do a quick walk arund like normal  I went straight for the bin guy.  I was hoping he would have some more old stuff in his clearance bin.  I wasn't dissapointed.  I grabbed his business card tis time so I could give him some advertising, but I lost it.  Maybe next time.

Here is the back in case you want to compare it to the new ones.  I would comapre for you but I don't have any 2010s yet.  Probably won't untill someone sends me some because I spent my whole months card budget in one day.  I'm going to have to do some major honey do stuff to even participate in the upcoming group breaks I was planning on.

There was only one goudy in the bin.  It was a 33 A's player.  It was $6 and I didn't buy it.  I halfway thought about it but didn't because it was really only halfa card.  Someone had trimmed all but the players face off it with scissors.  So no Goudey in the bin but I did get some checklist stuff.

First of all I got two 1955 Bowman.  Now 55 Bowman is my least favorite Bowman set of all but I needed these two and they were only .75 each.


1963 Topps Team.  The 63 set is growing on me.  I didn't use to like it but I kind of do now.  One more off the checklist for .50.


1964 Topps Johnny Pesky.  I already had this card but bought a double on purpose.  One of these days I am going to get over feeling that TTMs are stalkerish and I am going to need something to send to Mr Pesky.

A wore out 64 Red Sox RC.  Pretty beat up but a quarter is only a quarter.


Another .50er.  It isn't much but a need is a need...


That is all I got out of the bin.  I spent a wopping $3.50.  I bought every single Red Sox in it unless I already had it except for a 52 Ted Lepcio.  Ted had about 14 creases and most of it's color gone.  I would have bought it if it was cheap enough but the guy wanted $6 for it. 

I know there is not much here.  I'm saving the rest of the stuff I bought from the guy for the next post.  I promise it is much MUCH more interesting.

5 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

I need to find one of those bargain bins!

jackplumstead said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dayf said...

Dude, you got a hall of famer for fifty cents right there!

AdamE said...

I paid more... but wait till you see the stuff I got in my next few posts...

Plus a contest is coming.

Cardsplitter said...

You do not mess with Dick Williams. Just look at that card.