Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cards From Cardsplitter

When I moved to Missouri as a kid the first kid I met my age was named TJ.  He was one of my very best friends up until his dad got a job at the college in Zanesville OH right after we graduated.  Every time I see a post or a Group Break that Chris or (Cardsplitter as he is better known) it reminds me of my friend.  Here are some cards from Zanesville.


1982 Donruss Dwight Evans - This card finished off my 82 Donruss team set.  It was also a card on my top ten list.  (Actually it still is but only because I now have to download a new picture editor after my computer crashed)

2009 Finest Kevin Youkilis - Notice how he doesn't have his hands held apart?  Topps used an old picture for this card because he changed his batting stance prior to the 09 season. 


1995 Topps Embossed - It took me awhile to figure out what this card was.  It doesn't say Embossed on it anywhere.  I couldn't even tell it was embossed because I didn't take it out of the top loader it got shipped in.  I  only figured it out when I did a search of my Red Sox checklist for 64 Mike Greenwell.  I don't know if I ever mentioned it before but I always like getting Greenwell cards because he was one of my favorite players as a kid. 

Thanks for the cards Chris!!

1 comment:

Cardsplitter said...

Thanks for the shout, and thanks for the box o' Sox.

You would be amazed how many people have a Zanesville story. It is uncanny. I guess it is a good place to be from.