Friday, April 23, 2010

Going to a card show

There is a card show in my not so distant future.  Not just any card show.  The card show with, "The Bin".  I screwed up and left some good stuff in that bin last time.  I had been planning to clean the bin out but it doesn't look like it is going to happen.  The problem I have is I will only have about $50 to spend, so there is a good chance I will have to leave good stuff again.  At least this time I know about going ahead of time and I know to bring my checklist.  I even went through it the other night ad made sure it was accurate.  Somehow I get cards in my binder without marking them off my list.  It bites me from time to time too.  The last time was a 61 Topps Hutchens that my list said I needed.  Not only did I not need it but it was in worse shape than the one I already had. 

1 comment:

RedSoxCollector said...

Went to a show yesterday here in Auburn Maine, picked up a Jon Lester auto/gu jersey card and a Fred Lynn auto/gu jersey card along with a some other Red Sox, going slightly over my $50 budget. Them as I was leaving on a whim I checked one guys 10 cent box and found it was stuffed with refractors, xfractors, Topps Gold, and stuff like Topps red refractors # to 90. Only a couple Sox but I picked up 36 cards because at a dime it was great trade bait. Then he only charged me 3 bucks for all 36! Catch of the day!