Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Just a Double I Didn't Remember Having

 It isn't very often a Bill Virdon that I don't have pops up.  So when a 1975 Box Bottom card with a Buy it Now of $4.00 showed up on eBay, I pounced on it. I got it in the mail and after some research, there was not Box Bottom cards in 1975 so I don't know what I got.  


It is obviously hand cut and it obviously had a border at one time.  I thought maybe it was cut from a complete sheet but when I looked for that: 


Uncut sheets have no border so it isn't from and uncut sheet.

I double checked mail in team cards and they have the border. 



While looking for the full sheet I found these Mail in Team Cards.  This is it I went to put it in the Virdon binder and I already had it.  I don't remember it even existing but somewhere along the way I had already grabbed it and forgot about it.  

Trading Card Database lists the Team Card as having a grey back and a white back.  This is a scan of mine with the standard 75 Topps card.  Oddly enough my regular version is almost as crooked looking as the hand cut one.  


Evidently this card has three variations Standard, Grey, and White.  I now have to chase down a grey and a white one.  That is how it goes when you PC an player that doesn't get current cards made of him.  The only things there are to chase is variations. 

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Interesting stuff. Back in the 70's, Topps would insert small four + two uncut sheets into kids magazines like Dynomite. Not sure if they did it in 1975 though.

AdamE said...

I have a Dynamite magazine with a Virdon card in it. I did a blog post on it long ago. https://thoughtsandsox.blogspot.com/2018/12/its-dynamite.html I think it was Dayf who clued me in that there was a magazine with Virdon in it.