Tuesday, April 30, 2024

2023 Bowman Draft Team Set AKA Who The...

 I struggle with Bowman.  There seem to be so many sets and they are all so similar.  Many times there are two cards that look exactly alike but the numbers will be different.  Actually they will be the same with a slew of letters add.  This is 2023 Bowman Draft or the BD set.  Not to be confused with the BD set, the BDP set, or the BDPP set.  Confused yet? Me too.


The Red Sox team set consists of seven cards.  I have heard of exactly one of these players.  None of them have made it to the majors yet.  Actually I don't even think any have made it to AAA yet.  I have heard of Marcelo Mayer though.  


The back of his card doesn't help any either.  So I googled him.  It turns out he was the #4 pick of the 21 draft.  That was the highest Red Sox pick in 50 years.  He isn't just a prospect he's an uber prospect.

Side note: I think I figured out how to keep the scans straight, at least mostly straight.  The trick was putting an unused stick of staples above the cards when I lay them on the scanner bed.  When I scan multiple cards like the whole team set above the bottom half is kind of tricky to keep straight but it's working so far.

No comments: