Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Past Present and Future

 You would think with a title like that I was going to talk about some young Red Soxs an how they compare to some older red Sox.  Instead I am showing off one of my 1/! Virdon cards.


This came from a set called 2014 In The Game Past, Present, and Future.  This was a high end set and cards came six to a pack.  Each pack contained five autographs and a fifth card that was either a: Slabbed Memorabilia Card, Graded Vintage RC of a Key Player (that is exactly how they labeled it Key Player}, Slabbed Vintage Card, or a Cut Signature.  The cut signature list was pretty darn good.  There was a Babe Ruth, Cy Young, Ty Cobbs, Jackie Robinson, and Joe DiMaggio.  


I opened zero packs and just bought the Virdon off of eBay. 

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Back in 2014, I would have thought it was weird to have a cut signature of a living player who recently had signed on-card autographs for Topps. But now that he's no longer with us, I've got to admit, this is a cool collectible.

Jon said...

I've never understood the appeal of cut autographs that have been made into card form, but obviously other folks do like them, and don't mind shelling out big bucks for certain names.