Friday, June 28, 2024

Updated E27 Teddy's Trophies

 Five years ago I posted about my 1910 E27 American Caramel Teddy's Trophies collection.  In the past five years I have made a little more progress on this set.  


Five years ago I only had ten of the thirty cards in this set.  I am up to twenty five of thirty now, maybe.  I say maybe because one is missing.  I can't find the Hartbeast card.  I can see where I bought it on eBay but I don't know where it is now.  It has to be around here somewhere.  When I was putting these all together to scan them I noticed that they are so soft and flimsy that they stick to one another like crazy.  I lost the Zebra like four times today and the Gorilla twice.  They kept sticking to other cards and I couldn't find them minutes after having them.  That Hartbeast is probably stuck to another card somewhere here in my desk.


That first group of cards I scanned were all oriented the same way.  This second group I had to scan twice because when I put them on the scanner I turned all the backs the same direction and three came out upside down on the front and I had to redo it.  I would like to have scanned them all in order but the couple vertical cards in the set messed that up for me and I had to do them separate.  


It is kind of hard to imagine but I have a bunch of doubles too.  These cards are 114 years old and I have doubles, that is crazy to me.  I have kept my cost to a few dollars a card on this set.  I have done that by buying off condition and in many cases I bought them in lots.  Buying in lots is what created the doubles. 




1 comment:

Fuji said...

Hope you track down that Hartbeast card. Never heard of that animal. I really like the design of this set. Best of luck with your set build.