Friday, October 31, 2008

2008 SP Authentic

This is going to be my last pack break for a little while.




A card of the defending world champion Phillies. To me that just doesn't sound quite right. It just doesn't quite have that magical ring to it as when you say the defending World Champion Boston Red Sox. See what I mean. Odds are this gets fixed next year.



Authentic Achievements Ken Griffy Jr. - The White Sox declined their option on Griffey yesterday so he is a free agent right now with no real suitors so far. Wouldn't it be nice if he went back to Seattle to finish his career?





This really is a championship pack. Here is the MVP of the series and as Dinged Corners reported the reader of last night Top 10 List.



Miguel Tejada is another guy that is involved with a bunch of hot stove rumors. Some even think he may be playing in Boston next year.





This has to either be considered a championship or a hot stove pack. Matt is rumored to be dealt by the Rockies. His numbers look great but I have to wonder what they would look like if he didn't play so many games in the thin air of Colorado. I think I would rather have and Drew on the outfield corners than Holliday. But then again Theo tends to make good decisions (with the help of Bill James).
2008 SP doesn't really impress me. I'm not to fond of the white backgrounds with a little bit of color in the middle. And I hate the players numbers in white on a white background. They don't show on the scan at all (except for on top of Hamel's foot) and don't show up much better in person either. I give them a 4 out of 10 on design. I won't be buying anymore of them, that's for sure.

No comments: