Tuesday, August 20, 2019

I Got The Blues

I hope nobody clicked this out of concern.  I am in no way talking about an emotional state.  I am talking about my latest Virdon pickup. 



This is a team 8x10 from when Virdon played in the yankees farm system.  He's in the top row, 3rd from the left glassesless. (if that is a word)  It would be during the 1953 season that Manager Harry Craft would see Bill reading with glasses on and told him to start playing with them also.  His batting Average jumped .100 points from 1953 to 1954.  I guess it helps to see the ball better.

I had always told myself I wan't going to chase stuff of his that was the whole team but these old minor league cards team issues are to great to pass up.  I bet you can recognize a few other names on this roster because many of them went on to big league careers. 

3 comments:

Mark Hoyle said...

Love pieces like this. Great find

Fuji said...

Very cool addition to the Virdon collection!

Mussen said...

Am short of words for the amazing profit you helped me earn in just a week with bitcoin trading am so sorry I doubted at the beginning, I invested $200 and earn $2,500 in just one week, and kept on investing more, today I am financially successful, you can contact him via email: carlose78910@gmail.com Via whatsapp: (+12166263236) I advice you shouldn't hesitate.
He's great