Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I'm still here.

It has been a long time.  Months in fact since I posted.  It has been a tough year but things are starting to look up.  New home new job and slowly digging my way out of the hole I was in.  I'm not totally out of it but I can at least see some daylight. 

I don't want to be all gloom and doom but there are surely some sad things going on in sports right now.  No matter how bad things were for me they were never as bad as what some families up in Happy Valley are having to deal with.  It sucks that it happened and it sucks even more that is was my team that it happened to. 

That is not all the bad stuff either.  I won't mention what happened to my Red Sox; there has been plenty said about that already.  But yesterday was a sad day in the boxing world.  Former heavyweight champ Joe Frazier passed away from liver cancer.  People that read my blog long ago (not that there were many) know that I am a big boxing fan, I even names my son after boxers.  So I was saddened to hear about Joe. 


As far as athletes go I couldn't count on one hand people that had more heart than Frazier.  I sold off most of my boxing memorabilia earlier this year but I hung onto my Frazier auto.  (kept Ali and Foreman too)  Rest In Peace Joe, you were an inspiration to many.

I promise my next post wont be so gloomy.  Not going to promise when it happens but bright skeis are ahead.

2 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

Good to see a post and hoping those clear skies come soon!

Greg Zakwin said...

Glad to see you back!